Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Time 4 Learning Update #1

I promised I would come back with an update and pictures so first, lets see a picture of a Place Value lesson called Sticker Fun:

 
 
 
Yes, to be perfectly clear: that IS a playdough cupcake in a plastic creamer. And yes, it was MY pretend birthday. My three year old just had to make a quick pit stop when he saw the footballs.
 
OKAY, on to the good stuff:
 
1. It doesn't seem to review concepts very often.
2. The quizzes are really short.
3. My daughter doesn't seem to get that it isn't just a game, despite numerous conversations about it.
4. She clicks rapidly just to get on to the next fun thing, and fails her lessons.
 
Don't panic though, there IS a bright side! I can see where she got bad scores and have her redo the lesson ;) Today, as a matter of fact, she will be sitting and redoing six math lessons she hurried through yesterday. (Maybe that will teach her to slow down the first time?) I love that the parent can see what lessons they did, how they scored, and make a new lesson plan. It's very convenient. I can honestly see how this could be a solid curriculum or even a filler. It would be very handy for someone in my shoes, with the MS, to be able to have a fall-back plan on "bad" days. Be sure to check it out if you haven't yet!
 
As a member of Time4Learning, I have been given the opportunity to review their program and share my experiences. While I was compensated, this review was not written or edited by Time4Learning and my opinion is entirely my own. For more information, check out their standards-based curriculum or learn how to write your own curriculum review.
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment